- 1 whole chicken, giblets removed, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 package Fresh Sage, finely chopped (1 oz)
- Garlic cloves, minced (2 to 4 to taste)
- at least 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1 Lemon
- 12 oz Pomegranate Juice
- Preheat oven to 425. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Pat dry chicken all over.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sage, garlic, butter, and salt. Using your hands, gently lift the skin from the bird, so that you can spread the sage butter all over UNDER the skin of the chicken.
- Cut one lemon in half and place inside the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 75-85 minutes, OR until browned and crisp on the exterior and juices run clear. Rest chicken 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan add the pomegranate juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until reduced to a thick syrup that coats the back of a spoon.
- Glaze the chicken. Cut off the bone to serve. Remove the lemons and squeeze all over plate before serving.